Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mood Swings


      What a strange time to be alive.  I wake each day with sweepingly different outlooks on life.  Two current events provide me with a an analogy of my moody pendulum.  Egypt offers inspiration and the power of youth, revitalizing my outlook.  Then, close to my heart, Mexico and her immense, seemingly unsolvable problems overwhelms and fills me with a deep sadness.  My personal outlook battles between youth, a limitless future and the unsolvable puzzle, a devastating acceptance.  That is where I am, waking at times, twenty-nine years old, young and excited, twenty-nine years old, stagnant and uninspired.
I need to stick with my Egypt and use her to converse with my Mexico.  Accept and swim toward the uncharted waters of the future, my wide eyes held high above the water.  Keep learning, keep swimming and moving forward.  Because my Mexico is a great nation and even, although stricken with lead has too much potential to sink at any age.
Maybe a little sappy, but sap rises!            

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paul, I've followed you here from 'Shortbread' (we passed a comment on there recently) I live in England and very often holiday in Spain and the Spanish Canary Islands, so found this story topical.
The reason I followed you here was because of how interesting I found your personal blog on there.I've been to the USA a dozen times on holiday ( Florida,Vegas,California,Arizona, Landed at Bangor Maine to refuel one time). Keep writing and Good luck, Don Lister.

February 21, 2011 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger 2Birds 1Stone Backyard Gardening and Living said...

Hi Don, nice of you to stop by. Bangor is very close to my hometown of Guilford, Maine. We have a big airport that is convenient for refueling long flights. I have yet to make it to Europe but someday soon. Thanks for the encouragement amigo!

February 22, 2011 at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and thanks for reading.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home