Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Homeless, Hungry and Horny

This morning when I was walking down the street looking forward to my morning coffee, I ran into a group of homeless folks.  Not an uncommon occurrence in my adopted city of Chula Vista.  After a few months of  riding my bike around and then a couple months walking around (my bike tires got stolen) you start to recognize the local riffraff.  There is the guy that is always hanging around 7-11 who asks for change.  I often see that grizzly old man when I go to pick up a movie from the Red Box vending machine.  The last time I saw him he said he was hungry and asked if I had any spare change.  I was in a good mood because my body was still full of endorphins from the gym so I emptied my pockets.  Then we both walked into 7-11.  He didn’t even try to hide his lie and I spent 10 minutes waiting behind him in line as he counted out change for his Steel Reserve that he would soon be “eating.”
The other day I was on a pay-phone outside of Chevron with my bank.  I was on hold a long time.  That’s when a group of homeless ladies came walking by.  I tell you what, there are few times in your life when you get to feel like a rock star but that group of inebriated women walked by me and gave me so much attention I felt like Mick Jagger.  Well, actually maybe I should say like Eminem because that is who the said I looked like.  I wanted to run away but I had been on hold for almost 20 minutes and I would just have to wait again.  So I stood there, the phone to my ear, a shy smile and took in the compliments.  They even got a little physical giving my butt a slap.  They eventually started to move on but one of the women turned around.  The others teased her but she wanted to talk with me some more.  When she was alone with me the flirting turned to crying. She told me in an incoherent way about her awful life.  That was horribly depressing.
Today my encounter with the homeless inspires the title to my Blog.  I was walking behind the new tamale shop where I encountered a group of four women and one older man, a diverse group, White, Black, Hispanic.  They were passing around a Colt 45 and I don’t think it was their first of the morning.
     They asked me, “Hey buddy can you spare any change?”
     "Not right now," I answered in a pleasant demeanor.
“We are homeless,” one of them said.
“I live in a trailer,” I told them shrugging my shoulders.
“You cute,” the black lady said.  She had on a tight, pink shirt and obviously wasn’t wearing a bra.
Apparently I am very attractive to homeless women as this has been happening a lot.  I kept walking.     Then the old man said.
“You can’t even spare a dick?”
     I kept walking when the black woman yelled out one more time.
“Come on we are homeless, hungry and horny.”  Then she reflected on what she had just said. “Damn that would be a good title for a book.”
I turned around and said, “yeah your right!”                          
“Thanks,” she said with a smile.

Sleek, Sexy Titles For Massive Traffic
http://hubpages.com/hub/sexysleektitlesformassivetraffic

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and thanks for reading.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home